Thursday, April 23, 2009

Luke's Square Foot Garden








Luke and his daddy made a square foot garden (I have wanted one for a couple of years now!) - for his co-op, Go Green class. It turned out great and we can't wait to eat the food we are growing! We planted herbs - curry, basil, peppermint, spearmint, & oregano. Other things we have planted include yellow squash, cucumbers, green beans, carrots and Luke's favorite - onions! Also, thrown in for color, some flowers - Marigolds and Lupines (who knows if these will grow in our heat!) and some Hens and Chicks. There you have it - we are praying for success!


2 comments:

Tammi said...

Looks like the men have done their part; now it's up to God...and some watering help. Looks like they're farmers. :-) From what I can tell in the picts, looks like they really made a professional job of it. Makes the waiting for the "fruit" an exercise in patience. Happy harvesting!

Crystal Beavin said...

Wow! What a great project! I'm so proud of you, Luke (and Pat)!

Crystal